Walker T. Pendarvis, DMD, MHS
Meet Dr. Pendarvis
Walker T. Pendarvis, DMD, MHS completed his postgraduate training in Periodontics, with a Master of Health Science degree, graduating summa cum laude from the Medical University of South Carolina. Prior to his residency in Periodontics, he earned his DMD degree from the Medical University of South Carolina, where he was awarded the International Congress of Oral Implantologists’ Predoctoral Achievement Award, the Quintessence Award for Academic Achievement, and selected as a member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon dental honor society.
Dr. Pendarvis has extensive experience with dental implants, soft and hard tissue augmentation, surgical extractions, site preservation, orthodontic uncoverings, periodontal plastic surgery, periodontal therapies including osseous, regenerative, and resective surgeries and nonsurgical modalities, as well as treating TMD and facial pain. Dr. Pendarvis provides a variety of sedation options, which include IV sedation, oral sedation and nitrous inhalation for each patient’s desired comfort.
Dr. Pendarvis is Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Periodontics at the Medical University of South Carolina and Assistant Professor of Dental Hygiene, teaching head and neck anatomy at Savannah Technical College.
Dr. Pendarvis regularly attends continuing education in areas of dental surgery and occlusal treatment for comprehensive oral care.
As a published author he continues to pursue research interests in areas of alveolar and dental rehabilitation.
Dr. Pendarvis is dedicated to his wife and son whom he enjoys spending time with boating and fishing. He is a life-long musician with avid interests in blues and jazz.
Dr. Pendarvis’ professional goals are to meet each patient’s individual needs while providing the best care possible and treating patients as lifelong friends in the community.
Honors and Awards
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- Dean’s Award MHS-Emphasis in Periodontics
- Member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society p>
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists’ Predoctoral Achievement Award
- Quintessence Award for Academic Achievement
- Presidential Scholar of the Medical University of South Carolina
- Recipient of the Pierre Fouchard Award
- President of MUSC Student Research Group
- President of MUSC American Student Dental Association
- President of MUSC College of Dental Medicine Student Body
- President-Elect of MUSC American Student Dental Association
- Award Recipient-NIDCR Summer Dental Research Award
- Award Recipient-MUSC Summer Health Professionals Award – Microbiology
- Class Representative of MUSC American Student Dental Association
- Award Recipient – MUSC Summer Health Professionals Award – Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy
- Eagle Scout
- Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Southern Academy of Periodontology
- GA Dental Association
- GA Society of Periodontists
Priest, George and Pendarvis, Walker T. Replacement of Congenitally Missing Maxillary Lateral Incisors with Dental Implants and Their Integration into Smile Line Revitalization. Journal of International Restorative Dentistry 2012.
Pendarvis, Walker T. and Sandifer, Johnny B. Localized Ridge Augmentation Utilizing a Block Allograft with Subsequent Dental Implant Placement: A Case Series. International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry 2008; 28:509-515.
- Pendarvis, Walker T. and Pillemer, Stanley R. Widespread Pain and Sjögren’s Syndrome. Journal of Rheumatology 2001;28:2657-9.
- K. Karnaky Jr., M. Sedmerova, W. Pendarvis, D. Hazen-Martin. Immunocytochemical Localization of MRP1 and MRP2 in Human Breast Epithelial Cells. FASEB Journal 2001;15(5) Part II:664.3.